| | |
We are excited to announce the start of the next major construction project for Northwest Hospital.
This project, which is expected to last from October through next June, will add a new, state-of-the-art electrophysiology lab, other cardiac services, and many other services and amenities to the main hospital tower.
The project will require a variety of temporary and permanent relocations of staff and services, and some modifications in traffic and pedestrian flow into and out of the main hospital building during construction.
As the project proceeds, we will be communicating important information to patients and visitors frequently on this page.
What to look for in October and November:
- October 19 -- The patient escort office moved temporarily out of the main lobby. Courtesy wheelchairs will continue to be available in the main lobby, just inside the main entrance. If patients require an escort, they may inquire at the admitting desk. The escort office is expected to return to the main lobby in a new location sometime in January.
- October 22 -– Registration for Endoscopy moved permanently to the second floor outpatient registration area, joining Diagnostic Imaging and Lab registration.
- October 22 -- The volunteer greeters in the main lobby will relocate to the third floor lobby.
For questions, please call 206-368-1609 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The hospital gift shop has closed for the duration of the construction project. A new gift shop is scheduled to open in the main lobby sometime in April. In the meantime, visitors may find a selection of small gifts, greeting cards and other sundries at Northwest Prescriptions, located on the ground floor of the McMurray Medical Building.
- The Little Jumping Bean coffee shop in the main lobby has closed. During construction, we encourage you to visit the Jumping Bean coffee stand in the lobby of the Medical Office Building (MOB) for soups, salads, sandwiches and beverages. The Jumping Bean hours of operation are 6 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday (except holidays). In April, a Starbucks location will open in the main lobby in place of the Little Jumping Bean.
- A construction entrance will be established on the west side of the main tower building, adjacent to the parking lot. We will create several additional handicapped spots in that parking lot to replace those temporarily displaced by construction. During construction, staff and visitors will be encouraged to take internal routes to the cafeteria instead of using the sidewalk on the west side of the tower.
- Week of October 29th -- Temporary walls will be erected in the main lobby in preparation for building out the new facilities on the first floor. Patients and visitors will still be able to enter the lobby from the two main lobby entrances.
- Week of October 29th -- The catheterization lab registration and waiting area will close. Cath lab patients will register at the surgical admitting desk and visitors can wait for cath lab patients in the main lobby.